Programmed and reactive pruning of Amenity Trees.
Electric Line Clearance pruning from an EWP.
We are looking for a Tree Worker or Arborist to join our team based in Benalla and operating throughout North East Victoria.
You will be working on local council contracts and the role will include all aspects of tree maintenance work.
You will work in a small crew, rotating throughout the day between duties such as chipping vegetation, safety observing, setting up a safe worksite, site clean-up and ground cutting using a chainsaw. This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology. This position is a great steppingstone into the industry with opportunities for progression throughout the business including ticketed EWP Operator or Tree Climber, Vegetation Auditor, Crew Leader, Supervisor and more.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in arboriculture/horticulture and/or qualifications and experience in the industry. You will have the ability to work in a physically demanding outdoor environment in various types of weather conditions. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into hard physical work.
Reporting into the Supervisor, you will need to be able to efficiently and effectively trim and dismantle trees from an EWP, whilst ensuring safe work practices. You will also need to operate an Elevated Work Platform and cut, trim and remove trees around powerlines.
What we are looking for:
- Industry experience and/or qualifications
- Industry knowledge of local tree species, tree maintenance and tree removal
- Attention to detail and the ability to accurately record information
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
- Passion to work outdoors with a strong work ethic
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence (A MR/HR class driver’s licence would be advantageous)
- A minimum Certificate II in Arboriculture
- Certificate II ESI
- Elevated Work Platform (EWP) licence/ticket is essential
- White card
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Chainsaw qualification (Forestry Certificate Level 1 & 2 is desirable)
What can we offer you
- Full time permanent role with job security
- Fortnightly RDO
- Above award wages plus allowances and opportunity to earn overtime
- All PPE, uniform and tools provided
- The opportunity to work with an industry leader that genuinely cares about the environment and communities in which we work.
- Opportunities for further study and professional development.
- Support for participation in relevant industry events and conferences.
- Street Address 33 Gillies Street, Benalla Victoria 3672
- Full Address 33 Gillies Street, Benalla Victoria 3672
- Salary Offer $31.00 per hour AUD $31.00 per hour Month
- Cover Letter Required? optional
- Qualification Level Cert 2