Do you want your work to make a difference for NSW?
Together, we create thriving environments, communities and economies.
- Horticulturist Arboriculture – Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan
- Ongoing Full-Time Opportunity, located at the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan
- Salary relative to experience and ranges from $70,156 to $76,102 + Super
- Join the heartbeat of the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan
- Benefits include Rostered Day Off, Fitness Passport, Free Parking and Career Advancement Opportunities
Showcasing approximately 3000 species of Australian native plants and critically endangered conservation woodlands. The Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan is part of the Botanic Gardens of Sydney (BGoS). It is Australia’s largest Botanic Garden and home to the Australian PlantBank and The National Herbarium of New South Wales, both major scientific research and conservation centres for the flora of NSW.
About the role
The iconic Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan is currently seeking to appoint an experienced Horticulturist, Arboriculture, to undertake tree maintenance services, maintain and develop tree collections as required by work and maintenance programs to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services and the safety of staff and the public.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation of passionate, world-leading staff from the fields of science and horticulture.
- Certificate III in Arboriculture or equivalent qualifications with experience in a wide range of horticultural maintenance and services, including arboriculture and associated plant and equipment use.
- Chainsaw certificate level I or equivalent experience in chainsaw operation and tree climbing
- NSW WorkCover Certificate to operate Elevated Work Platform over 11m or equivalent
- Current driver’s licence with the ability to drive manual vehicles and willingness to undertake fieldwork for extended periods and have the ability to lift and carry a minimum of 15 kilos.
- Ability to work outside regular working hours and on weekends if required.
For more information, read the full Role Description: Arborist ABGMA
Botanic Gardens of Sydney is a purpose-driven organisation committed to providing solutions to critical environmental challenges facing all life on earth and improving the quality of people’s lives through joyous connections to inspiring public spaces. Our vision is to see people, communities, institutions and industries informed and inspired by the power of plants and to support their conservation.
The Department of Planning and Environment’s (DPE) vision is to create thriving environments, communities and economies for the people of New South Wales. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPE supports various employee affinity groups, practice flexible working, offer job share and workplace adjustments
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Please apply here: https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/job/horticulturist-arboriculture-435207
Applications close Sunday, 5th November 2023 at 11:55pm
Should you require further information about the role, please contact Michael Elgey via [email protected].
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disabilities to apply. If you have a disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team at [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance applying.
- Street Address 362 Narellan Rd, Mount Annan NSW 2567
- Full Address Mrs Macquaries Road, Sydney NSW 2000
- Salary Offer $70,156 to $76,102 AUD $70,156 to $76,102 Month
- Video Job Ad
- Cover Letter Required? required
- Qualification Level Cert 3