Do you want your work to make a difference for NSW?
Together, we create thriving environments, communities and economies.
- Ongoing Full Time Opportunity
- Located at the iconic Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan
- Horticulturist Grade 5/6, salary relative to experience, and ranges from $67,458 to $73,175 plus super
Showcasing approximately 4000 species of Australian native plants, the Australian Botanic Garden is part of the Royal Botanic Garden and Domain Trust and home to the Australian PlantBank and The National Herbarium of New South Wales, both major scientific research and conservation centres for the flora of NSW.
Our Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan team is currently seeking to appoint a Horticulturist to develop and maintain our cool climate horticultural collections and displays. Our horticulturists undertake a varied range of tasks including horticultural maintenance, maintenance of collection records and supervising and training staff. Horticulturists may be required to work anywhere on BGGS lands, in controlled environments, nursery or natural areas.
In This Role You Will
- Undertake horticultural development and curation of horticultural collections in accordance with BGGS policies and procedures and current horticultural industry practice
- Implement work and maintenance programs to ensure effective and efficient delivery of services
- Assist with implementing policies and procedures including complying with work health and safety, environmental, risk and quality requirements
- Assist with supervising apprentices and contractors/sub-contractors to ensure efficient and effective performance of all required tasks
- Assist with propagation and nursery maintenance
- Curate horticultural collections, including the maintenance of plant tags and labels used in horticultural displays, to facilitate community awareness, positive aesthetics, education and conservation in accordance with BGGS policies
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours and on weekends if required
- Certificate lll in either Horticulture or Parks & Gardens or equivalent qualifications with experience in the maintenance of horticultural displays, pest and disease control, weed management, plant nutrition, irrigation and in the maintenance and use of all associated plant and equipment.
- Current driver’s licence with the ability to drive manual vehicles
- Willingness to undertake fieldwork for extended periods of time and have the ability to lift and carry a minimum 15 kilos.
For more information read the full Role Description: Horticulturist BGGS
Transport for NSW keeps our State moving by providing safe, integrated and efficient transport systems. We put our customers at the centre of everything we do – and we do a lot. We connect people, communities and industry and manage how they use our road, rail and maritime networks and services, and active modes like walking and cycling. The work we do connects the journeys you take every day.
We are in the middle of delivering the largest transport infrastructure program in Australia’s history. We work across planning, policy and procurement, harnessing data and technology to develop smarter and more adaptive transport solutions.
The Cities and Active Transport Division ensures our cities and neighbourhoods are integrated with transport and we make our streets and public places functional, beautiful, inclusive, and inviting for all to enjoy.
We do this through creating alignment across government on strategic outcomes and a focus on excellence in placemaking and quality design.
Please note, the Department of Planning & Environment (DPE) currently provides recruitment services to Transport for NSW.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
DPE strongly recommends all applicants who can be safely vaccinated for COVID-19, to be so.
Applications close Sunday, 4th June 2033 at 11:55PM.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Chris Cole – [email protected]
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Street Address 362 Narellan Rd, Mount Annan NSW 2567
- Full Address Mrs Macquaries Road, Sydney NSW 2000
- Salary Offer $67,458 to $73,175 + super AUD $67,458 to $73,175 + super Month
- Cover Letter Required? required
- Qualification Level Cert 3