To be upfront and honest, we are not looking for someone who simply wants to ‘mow and blow’.
The Yards’ team has a strong reputation in the industry for producing high quality work, with outstanding customer service and were proudly crowned the 2021/2022 Champion of Champions – Residential Australian Landscaper of the Year.
With an ever growing customer base, we now require an additional Landscape Gardener | Horticulturist Project Leader to join our fabulous team, who has a ‘can-do’ attitude and shares our passion for beautiful outdoor spaces.
job tasks & responsibilities.
This Landscape Gardener | Horticulturist Project Leader position is a hands-on role perfecting and enhancing our clients’ gardens.
This will include:
- Weed, Pest and Disease Management.
- Exceptional Plant maintenance knowledge.
- Hedging, topiary and cloud pruning.
- Planting and mulching.
- Basic Irrigation knowledge.
- Operation and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Coordinating Horticulture Care projects.
skills and experience.
Our staff require a broad range of skills and we encourage all experienced Horticulturists, Landscape Gardeners and Grounds-persons to apply. A strong eye for detail and a ‘can do’ attitude is required for this position.
Key qualifications and experience required:
- Minimum 3 years’ industry experience
- Level III or above qualification in Horticulture / Parks & Gardens or equivalent trade.
- Hold a valid Australian Drivers License.
- Unrestricted Australian Working Rights.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a ‘Can-Do’ attitude.
- Be well presented and motivated.
- Have a positive attitude and have passion for their craft.
- Take pride in their work and have excellent attention to detail.
- Be fit and able to work hard in sometimes
challenging environmental conditions.
- Have a current police clearance (or willing to get one).
- Have outstanding communication skills.
- Be able to adapt in a busy and dynamic environment.
Aside from working in a genuine, friendly environment, with a great team culture, the benefits for working for Yards include:
- Competitive Above-Award Salary – which will be based on experience.
- Wages paid weekly and on-time.
- Fully maintained take-home company vehicle, including expenses.
- We encourage ongoing training.
- iPad, quality tools, PPE and uniforms are provided.
- Permanent, full-time position.
- Job Security with an established, highly sought after business.
- We are proud to offer great work / life balance.
- Being a valued team member – not just a number.
Yards is a well-established, industry-leading Landscaping business working in some of the most premium private residential gardens across Brisbane and South East Queensland.
Our team love working on and take great pride in caring for the beautiful gardens we have in our portfolio. If you have a passion for Horticulture and have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, we would love to have you part of our Yards Family.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please don’t hesitate to call Ben on 0416 106 608.
- Street Address Various Premium Projects across Brisbane
- Full Address PO Box 610, Morningside QLD 4170
- Salary Offer Salary is based on experience. Company vehicle also provided. AUD Salary is based on experience. Company vehicle also provided. Month
- Employer's Question What qualities and skills do you think you bring to a business? What are your passions? What do you look for in a company you like to work with?
- Video Job Ad
- Cover Letter Required? required
- Qualification Level Cert 1, Cert 2, Cert 3, Cert 4, Diploma, Bachelors, Masters, Doctoral