Are you a horticulture enthusiast who enjoys working in the great outdoors?
GreenLife Group (GLG) is a national market leader specialising in open space management and property services to major corporate, government and commercial clients.
GLG NSW is seeking a qualified Horticulturist Team Leader to work as part of the grounds maintenance team, based in the Smeaton Grange area.
The main duties and responsibilities for this Horticulturist Team Leader position include, but are not limited to:
- undertaking general grounds maintenance duties, ensuring the expected standard of work is maintained at all times;
- duties to include, but not limited to: mowing, edging, snipping, weeding, mulching, planting, pruning, sweeping, litter collection, cleaning and/or any other gardening, property or turf related tasks associated with grounds maintenance;
- ensuring the safe operation and transportation of vehicle, plant and/or equipment, including performing routine checks.
What we’re looking for:
- A Certificate III Parks and Gardens or Turf;
- 5+ years’ experience in parks and gardens, maintaining horticulturalist assets, and general grounds maintenance, including associated plant and equipment;
- a current manual driver’s licence (MR advantageous);
- Construction Safety White Card;
- First Aid Certificate;
- Chemical application licence
- Traffic control tickets;
- Good communication skills (written/emails and verbal);
- A strong work ethic with outstanding time management skills.
GLG will offer the successful applicant:
- A negotiated wage commensurate with experience and skill level.
- Uniforms, PPE, safety equipment, tools and machinery will be supplied.
- Ongoing horticulture, safety & environmental training.
- A flexible and safe workplace.
- A 40 hour 4 day work week.
If you seek a challenging role in our national company where horticulture is the focus of your day, please apply.
- Street Address Smeaton Grange, Sydney
- Full Address Smeaton Grange, Sydney NSW
- Salary Offer dependent upon experience AUD dependent upon experience Month