- Up to $75,277per annum + 11% Super + $954.22 adverse working conditions allowance
- 7am to 4pm Monday to Friday plus a fortnightly rostered day off
- Working out of Quarry Street, Paddington.
Woollahra is an area steeped in natural beauty and heritage appealing to residents, businesses and visitors who enjoy its many parks, waterfront locations and historic buildings. Our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds and professions creating a dynamic workforce of over 400 staff members.
About the role
We are in the process of setting up a new horticulture team, providing exciting opportunities for dedicated and experienced Horticulturists to join Woollahra Council on a permanent full-time basis.
These are hands on roles where you will carry out scheduled works for Horticultural maintenance in high profile parks and gardens. Your main duties will include weeding and mowing as well as to conduct playground inspections, whipper work and cleaning (Litter Pick Up), and general improvement works in parks, gardens, sports fields and streetscapes.
You will also be responsible for forward planning for yearly maintenance tasks, ordering of plants, identifying and reporting hazards and following up and actioning customer requests.
We are looking for qualified Horticulturists with a great work ethic, a positive can-do attitude and a passion for working outdoors. Your exceptional customer service skills and your eagerness to work collaboratively in a small team will ensure your success in this role.
- Certificate III in Horticulture, or completion towards or equivalent
- Extensive experience in a similar role with high profile scheduled maintenance sites
- Demonstrated commitment to Work Health and Safety in the workplace and the practical application of safe working procedures
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work as part of a team and coordinate team members as required
- Traffic Control Qualifications – Blue and Yellow Card
- Demonstrated ability to develop maintenance and improvement programs
- Construction Induction Card
- Chemical Application (Level 3) qualifications
What’s in it for you?
We promote equal access to opportunities within the organisation and we pride ourselves on creating a safe and engaging working environment.
We are dedicated to looking after our staff, because if we look after our people, we will be better placed to look after our community.
Eligible staff will be entitled to some of the following benefits:
- Fortnightly RDO – we value your work/life balance
- Hybrid workplace – potential to work from home up to 2 days per week
- Subsidised gym membership through Fitness Passport with access to 810+ fitness facilities
- Generous personal leave provisions (E.g. Long Service Leave after 5 years’ of continuous service, Parental Leave, Health & Wellbeing Days, Study Leave)
- High quality training and development opportunities
How to Apply
- Apply on line by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to:
- For further information about the role, please contact Nola Urquhart, Assets and Park Maintenance Coordinator on (02) 9391 7978 during business hours
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360
CLOSING DATE: 11:59PM on Sunday 15 October 2023
Woollahra Council is committed to responding to its responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 in undertaking all measures that are reasonably practical to ensure the health and safety of all our workers. As of 1st December 2021, new employees must be fully vaccinated (minimum two doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence seven days prior to commencement.
Should an applicant indicate that they wish to seek an exemption on medical or other grounds, they will need to provide evidence of their circumstances such as an accepted certified medical contraindication.
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to reconciliation and strongly encourage all applicants, including, but not limited to, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, young people, mature aged workers, LGBTIQ and other minority groups to apply.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Street Address Quarry Street, Paddington.
- Full Address 536 New South Head Road, Double Bay NSW 2028
- Salary Offer Up to $75,277per annum + 11% Super + $954.22 adverse working conditions allowance AUD Up to $75,277per annum + 11% Super + $954.22 adverse working conditions allowance Month
- Video Job Ad
- Cover Letter Required? required
- Qualification Level Cert 3