Do you want your work to make a difference for NSW?
Together, we create thriving environments, communities and economies.
- Senior Horticulturist, Greenkeeping – The Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan
- Ongoing Full Time Opportunity, located at the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan
- Join the heartbeat of the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan
- Salary relative to experience, and ranges from $78,260 to $86,539 + super
Showcasing A-grade presentation lawns, native grasslands, approximately 3000 species of Australian native plants, conservation woodlands the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan is part of the Botanic Gardens of Sydney (BGoS) and is Australia’s largest Botanic Garden. It is also home to the Australian PlantBank and The National Herbarium of New South Wales, both major scientific research and conservation centres for the flora of NSW.
About the role
The iconic Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan is currently seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Horticulturist in Turf/Greenkeeping for the maintenance and development of all turf areas, grasslands, natural areas works, maintenance programming, record keeping, technical advice regarding developments affecting turf within the Garden, supervision of staff, contractor engagement and supervision, allocation of resources and planning.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation of passionate, world leading staff from the fields of horticulture, arboriculture greenkeeping, conservation and science.
To truly succeed in this role, you will excel at effectively managing staff within a public garden given the need to implement new turf practices and prioritise the workload of a small team.
Balancing appropriate turf management techniques with, conservation, safety, event and horticultural issues is key to this role.
• Horticultural Certificate III in Greenkeeping or equivalent with experience in a wide range of turf maintenance and services.
• Current driver’s licence with the ability to drive manual vehicles and willingness to undertake fieldwork for extended periods of time and have the ability to lift and carry a minimum 15 kilos.
For more information read the full Role Description: Senior Horticulturist Greenkeeping
About the Department
The Department of Planning and Environment’s (DPE) vision is to create thriving environments, communities and economies for the people of New South Wales. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPE supports various employee affinity groups, practice flexible working, offer job share and workplace adjustments.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Applications close Sunday 5th November 2023, 11:55pm.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Michael Elgey via [email protected]
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
• provide alternative formats to apply
• make adjustments to the recruitment process
• offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.
- Street Address 362 Narellan Rd, Mount Annan NSW 2567
- Full Address Mrs Macquaries Road, Sydney NSW 2000
- Salary Offer $78,260 to $86,539 AUD $78,260 to $86,539 Month
- Video Job Ad
- Cover Letter Required? required
- Qualification Level Cert 3