Do you want your work to make a difference for NSW?
Together, we create thriving environments, communities and economies.
- Supervisor Horticulture (Natural Areas & Open Spaces) – The Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan
- Ongoing Full Time Opportunity, located at Mount Annan
- Salary relative to experience, and ranges from $86,473 to $95,136 + super
Showcasing approximately 3000 species of Australian native plants, conservation woodlands the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan is part of the Botanic Gardens of Sydney (BGoS) is Australia’s largest Botanic Garden and home to the Australian PlantBank and The National Herbarium of New South Wales, both major scientific research and conservation centres for the flora of NSW.
About the role
The iconic Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan is currently seeking to appoint an experienced Supervisor to lead the Natural Areas and Open Spaces teams and manage the day to day operations of arboriculture, greenkeeping and conservation of critically endangered remnant bushlands along with event preparation on BGoS land.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation of passionate, world leading staff from the fields of horticulture, education, conservation and science.
You must be a passionate and collaborative leader who is confident in managing human, financial and physical resources to ensure that agreed outcomes are achieved within time and on budget . To truly succeed in this role you will also have experience providing technical advice to colleagues, management and external customers in relation to horticultural maintenance, and plant management strategies.
The successful applicant will have;
- Horticultural trades certificate or Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience in the coordination, operational maintenance, curation and development of a large Park or Botanic Garden, in a heritage setting to agreed standards and organisational goals.
- Proven experience in management and development of work and maintenance programs, and preparation of complex reports.
- Current driver’s licence with the ability to drive manual vehicles
- Willingness to undertake fieldwork for extended periods of time
- Have the ability to lift and carry a minimum 15 kilos
For more information read the full Role Description: Supervisor Horticulture (Natural Areas and Open Spaces)
Transport for NSW keeps our State moving by providing safe, integrated and efficient transport systems. We put our customers at the centre of everything we do – and we do a lot. We connect people, communities and industry and manage how they use our road, rail and maritime networks and services, and active modes like walking and cycling. The work we do connects the journeys you take every day.
We are in the middle of delivering the largest transport infrastructure program in Australia’s history. We work across planning, policy and procurement, harnessing data and technology to develop smarter and more adaptive transport solutions.
The Cities and Active Transport Division ensures our cities and neighbourhoods are integrated with transport and we make our streets and public places functional, beautiful, inclusive, and inviting for all to enjoy.
We do this through creating alignment across government on strategic outcomes and a focus on excellence in placemaking and quality design.
Please note, the Department of Planning & Environment (DPE) currently provides recruitment services to Transport for NSW.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Applications close Wednesday, 31st May at 11:55pm
Should you require further information about the role please contact Michael Elgey via [email protected]
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
• provide alternative formats to apply
• make adjustments to the recruitment process
• offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Street Address 362 Narellan Rd, Mount Annan NSW 2567
- Full Address Mrs Macquaries Road, Sydney NSW 2000
- Salary Offer $86,473 to $95,136 AUD $86,473 to $95,136 Month
- Cover Letter Required? required
- Qualification Level Diploma